Ingredients: 12 digestive biscuits 75g unsalted butter 3 large bananas Salted Caramel sauce (or any store-bought alternative) 200 ml Whipping cream Chocolate (to garnish) Method:
- Butter and line a baking tin with baking parchment. Cut the baking parchment so that the edges are draped over the sides – these bits are helpful to use as handles when trying to get the bars out of the tin later on.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. I find that 30 second blasts usually suffice so as not to burn the butter.
- Crush your digestive biscuits into crumbs and mix with the melted butter. Your biscuit crumbs should soak up the butter but not be wet.
- Press the biscuit crumb and butter mixture into the bottom of the tin and place in the fridge for at least 30minutes to set.
- Once set, spread the caramel sauce over the biscuit layer and top with banana pieces.
- Using a whisk or hand mixer, whip the cream until it can stand up on its own (medium peaks).
- Spread an even layer of the cream on top of the banana pieces and finish with grated chocolate.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once ready, use the handles to free the banoffee pie from the baking tin and using a sharp knife, cut into bars.
Serve with extra cream or vanilla ice cream.