Yes, it takes a little more love and attention is required but this is the perfect excuse to shut yourself in the kitchen for a while, open up Netflix/Spotify and engage yourself in a little me-time. Not only will you find that the stresses of the day seem much less significant when you’re bopping along to Justin Timberlake (just me?) but you can reward yourself with a silky, creamy risotto at the end of it all.
Ingredients: Porcini Mushroom paste 1.2L Vegetable Stock Onion 2 garlic cloves (omit the porcini paste has this already included) 250g chestnut mushrooms 200g Asparagus 400g risotto rice Small glass white wine 2tbsp Crème Fraiche Parsley Parmesan Method:
- Dice your onion and add to a large pan. Cook on low heat for 5mins until they start to turn translucent.
- Add garlic and sliced chestnut mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften (about a further 8mins.
- Add the porcini paste and combine with the onions and mushrooms.
- Tip the rice into the saucepan and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over the wine and allow bubble so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Add a little of the stock (around 200ml) and stir slowly until the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
- Continue adding the liquid, 200ml at a time, and keep stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Around halfway into this process, add the Asparagus pieces and stir to combine.
- Taste the rice to check it is cooked, it should be slightly al dente (if undercooked keep adding boiling water until desired texture is reached) , season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the rice is done, turn off the heat and stir through 2tbsp crème fraiche and 50g Parmesan.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with Parsley and extra Parmesan.